1998 Husqvarna TC 610

Für die ganzen 2-und 4-Takt Offroad-Modelle von 1988-2013 mit den schwarzen Würfeln auf den Reifen.

Moderator: Moderatoren

Antworten
javo
HVA-Neuling

1998 Husqvarna TC 610

Beitrag von javo »

Hope you can read English.. ???

I recently bought a 1998 Husqvarna TC 610. I took the Dell'Orto carb off and had it cleaned by a local shop. When I put it back on the bike started and idled great. When I rode it the first time it started great but when I started to ride it was sluggish. I adjusted the air and idle screws and got it running pretty good for several hours. When I let it sit for 45 minutes and tried to restart it wouldnt. Could you recomend the proper settings for my Dell'Orto carb on my 1998 Husqvarna TC610.

Thank you,
Jason Smith
Dallas TX USA
Gast

Re: 1998 Husqvarna TC 610

Beitrag von Gast »

hi, turn the air-screw 1 1/4 turns out.
the smaller jet should be a 62, but you can use a 65, or a 68 for a smother idle. in that case turn it 3/4 turn out.
the big jet is a 172 i think  but i use a 178 for a richer mixture when the throtle is totaly openend.
the needle shoud hang on the3 position from the top,gives a little more power in higher rpm.( i think its the 3rd
position standard is 2nd from top.( i use the 3rd).
when u check the floatlevel just open the carb-chamber on bottom, turn him on top( whithout the carb piston)
then the floater should be parallel to the carb housing or you can messure the distance from carb housing to the top of the floater is (only by the dell orto carb phm 40) 17,5-18,5 millimeters!
but do it the parallel way, and be carefull when u bend the floater.
but my personel meaning for your problem is that your needle-valve,what is controlled by the floater, is defekt,or it leakes
maybe you can also check your tolerance in your valves,intake 0,10 mm exhaust 0,15(i use 0,18)
i can send you some carb spec. from a german dealer.
try the www.husqvarnausa.com site, there you can downlaoad a pdf format from 2000 husky (its all the same)
Gast

Re: 1998 Husqvarna TC 610

Beitrag von Gast »

hi, turn the air-screw 1 1/4 turns out.
the smaller jet should be a 62, but you can use a 65, or a 68 for a smother idle. in that case turn it 3/4 turn out.
the big jet is a 172 i think  but i use a 178 for a richer mixture when the throtle is totaly openend.
the needle shoud hang on the3 position from the top,gives a little more power in higher rpm.( i think its the 3rd
position standard is 2nd from top.( i use the 3rd).
when u check the floatlevel just open the carb-chamber on bottom, turn him on top( whithout the carb piston)
then the floater should be parallel to the carb housing or you can messure the distance from carb housing to the top of the floater is (only by the dell orto carb phm 40) 17,5-18,5 millimeters!
but do it the parallel way, and be carefull when u bend the floater.
but my personel meaning for your problem is that your needle-valve,what is controlled by the floater, is defekt,or it leakes
maybe you can also check your tolerance in your valves,intake 0,10 mm exhaust 0,15(i use 0,18mm)
i can send you some carb spec. from a german dealer.
try the www.husqvarnausa.com site, there you can downlaoad a pdf format from 2000 husky (its all the same)
Antworten